IN THIS SECTION:
The National Energy Guarantee and how it intersects with agriculture
8 August 2018
The National Farmers’ Federation is calling for a national
At a glance
• The NFF supports the NEG as a framework to provide farmers a reliable, affordable, towards lower emissions energy source.
• The NEG addresses energy and emissions policy — dealing with repairing the broken national electricity market and meeting Australia’s international emissions reduction commitments.
• The NEG is technology neutral and does not preference any one energy
• The Commonwealth, via the NEG, requires the electricity sector to reduce
• The NFF recognises agriculture’s role in both emissions reduction and carbon sequestration, both of which must be balanced with the need to feed and clothe a growing global population.
NFF NATIONAL CONGRESS
Talking 2030 Roundtables